Months before my trio turned three I heard over and over again that “three is the new two.” I didn’t believe it. I mean, how could my kiddos get any worse? Two-year-olds are a handful. Have you read A Day at the Farm: Part 1 or 2? Then it happened. They went to bed as the not too terrible two’s triplets and woke up as the oh so terrible threenager triplets. They have been three for less than three months – and I’m already so over my threenagers.
Some days they are good-ish. Other days they are horrendous. It is both hilarious and frustrating at the same time. Their favorite thing to do these days is to tell me over and over and just when I’m on the brink of losing my shit, they turn into the sweetest, loving, babes. Mommy, can I snuggle you? I step back from the cliff and am mush. That’s one of those good-ish days. Then there are the days where I lose my shit as soon as I open my eyes. My eyes that have been pried open by little, OMG their nails need to be clipped again, fingers.
Here are 33 reasons why I am so over my threenagers. These, just so happen to be 33 reasons why they lost it today. All, of which, happened by lunchtime. You don’t want to even know what goes down after that.
- Jase didn’t want to get out of his pajamas.
- Henley wanted to wear a shirt that was buried in the dirty clothes mountain.
- I showered without Jase.
- Sadie wanted sliced cheese instead of stick cheese.
- Henley wanted stick cheese, not sliced cheese.
- Jase didn’t want cheese at all.
- I turned on the TV in stead of letting Sadie.
- I looked at Henley.
- Jase put his shoes on the wrong feet.
- Henley’s sock was “not right.”
- I could not get Henley’s sock just right.
- Sadie wanted the OTHER PINK cup. How dare I pick the wrong one.
- I asked if they wanted pancakes or french toast for breakfast. Apparently, neither!
- Henley didn’t get to close the refrigerator.
- Jase didn’t get to open the garage door.
- Sadie wanted to get the in the car first.
- Henley sat in Jase’s car seat.
- Sadie wanted quiet time in the car. She was the one making all the noise.
- I started the car.
- I turned the wrong way.
- Henley dropped her cup.
- Henley got to bring a toy.
- I got Jase out of his car seat first.
- I sat them at a table instead of our normal booth.
- They all wanted to sit by me.
- Jase touched Sadie.
- I ordered chicken strips instead of nuggets.
- I said it was time to leave.
- Henley sat in Jase’s car seat…again.
- Jase really wanted to wear flip flops today, but not the one’s that were in the car.
- Sadie was hungry. She didn’t eat her lunch.
- They wanted a snack…5 minutes after lunch.
- I said no.
Do you have a threenager at home? Or are you lucky enough to have three, like me! The next time your toddler has a meltdown because they wanted strawberry jelly instead of grape or because the wind is blowing, remember that you are not alone. Please try not to lose your shit as they lose theirs over and over again…all.day.long.
I would love for you to share all the reasons your toddler thew a tantrum lately. Make me laugh. I’m sure I need it. One of my three is probably losing it as you read this!
Join Our Newsletter
Get our latest content, hilarious updates
freebies, and so much more!
Download your first FREE printable today!