Ever since my Facebook incident with a now former friend, kindness has been on my mind. A lot. I make it a point to discuss with my children every day why it is important to be kind and what we can do to be kind to someone.
Previously, it was only brought up when one of them was being unkind to another. Not much thought was put into what I told them about being kind. Basically, I just told them to treat others the way they want to be treated – and that was it. Now, it’s a whole schpiel and I even make up stories sometimes. They love it. And I love that they’re (hopefully) learning what it is to make kindness a priority.
Now, I have decided to start a kindness krew, a gracious gang, a friendly faction with the kids. Essentially, we’re just going to go around and perform random acts of kindness as often as possible. It’s going to be super duper fun!
Because I am an avid list maker I have made a list of Awesome Acts of Kindness for Kids. PLUS a free printable too, of course, because I am obsessed with making them!
1) Leave bubbles at the park.
2) Make a thank you card for your librarian.
3) Plant something.
4) Take care of someone’s pet while they’re away.
5) Leave heads up pennies on the sidewalk.
6) Bring flowers to your teacher.
7) Return someone’s cart at the store.
8) Say hello to everyone you see.
9) Leave books in a doctor’s office waiting room.
10) Collect books for the library.
11) Take donuts to the police department.
12) Buy a coffee for a stranger.
13) Talk to someone new at school.
14) Leave happy notes around your town.
15) Collect canned goods for your local food bank.
16) Buy extra school supplies for your class.
17) Collect money or items for your favorite charity.
18) Make play dough for a preschool class.
19) Clip coupons for things you don’t use and leave them on the shelf in the grocery store.
20) Send a postcard to a friend.
21) Leave a popcorn surprise on a DVD rental machine.
22) Set up a lemonade stand and donate the profits.
23) Pass out stickers to kids waiting in line.
24) Send dessert to another family at a restaurant.
25) Send a card to a service member.
26) Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
27) Create a love jar.
28) Make a video message for long distance family.
29) Give a lottery ticket to a stranger.
30) Help prepare and deliver a meal for a family with a new baby.
31) Tape change to a parking meter.
32) Volunteer at an animal shelter
33) Wash someone’s car.
34) Leave plant on someone’s doorstep.
35) Thank your parents.
36) Write a poem or a story for a friend.
37) Leave kindness stones around your town.
38) Bake dessert for a neighbor.
39) Let someone go ahead of you in line.
40) Make a busy bag for a family with young children.
41) Dry the slides at the park with a towel after it rains.
42) Send a gift anonymously.
43) Tidy up grave sites that have been overlooked.
44) Make a card for your grandparents.
45) Write chalk messages on the sidewalk.
46) Make a homemade gift for someone.
47) Pick up litter.
48) Donate coloring books and crayons to the children’s hospital.
49) Leave money in an envelope in a public place with a note asking “Do something good with this, please.”
50) Tell someone how much you love them.
51) Donate food to the food pantry.
52) Make a homeless care kit.
53) Help your neighbor with yard work.
54) Donate outgrown clothes.
55) Create activity bags for families of deployed soldiers.
56) Leave water for the birds.
57) Put money on a stranger’s layaway bill.
58) Put sticky notes with positive messages on mirrors in public restrooms.
59) Hold the door open for someone.
60) Invite someone to play on the playground.
61) Ask for donations instead of birthday gifts.
62) Put change in a vending machine.
63) Donate a toy to Toys for Tots.
64) Tell the principal how great your teacher is.
65) Give money for the ice cream truck to a child in need.
66) Tell a manager how good your service was.
67) Check in on an elderly neighbor.
68) Teach someone something new.
69) Bring cookies to your local fire station.
70) Leave a letter in a library book.
71) Clean up your toys without being asked.
72) Make compliment cards and leave them in random places.
73) Pay for someone’s toll.
74) Make muffins for your bus driver.
75) Write a thank you note for your mail carrier.
76) Donate water bottles to a homeless shelter.
77) Thank your sanitation workers.
78) Clean your room without being asked.
79) Make a get well card for someone.
80) Help someone unload groceries at the store.
81) Donate socks homeless shelter.
82) Tell someone why they are special to you.
83) Make chemo care packages.
84) Feed the birds.
85) Compliment a friend.
86) Say thank you when you see service members.
87) Fill a kindness jar with candy for another family.
88) Ask someone to perform a random act of kindness with you.
The 88 Awesome Acts of Kindness for Kids FREE Printable
Have you ever performed a random act of kindness? What about with your kids? I’d love to hear your stories! Remember to throw kindness around like confetti!
Join Our Newsletter
Get our latest content, hilarious updates
freebies, and so much more!
Download your first FREE printable today!